Bring Back that Healthy Glow
Did you know that there are three signs of skin aging? Most people believe that wrinkles and fine lines are the first signs of skin aging, but there are others as well. When your skin starts to age, due to less blood flow, the skin loses its color and becomes gray. As muscles and collagen decrease, the facial shape starts to collapse. The skin also loses its texture, and as a result, you start to look more tired, droopy, and worn-out. There are many cosmetic procedures offered at Vilate Med Spa to rejuvenate the skin, including the vampire facelift. To know more, give us a call or book an appointment with us!
What is the Vampire Facelift?
The Vampire Facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure to lift the lines on the facial skin, restore fullness, and brighten your skin tone all at once. Technically, the vampire facelift is not a facelift but a procedure that combines the benefits of two different procedures, injectables and PRP therapy.
The vampire facelift offers three vital benefits that are:
- Healthy skin regeneration: The PRP used in the treatment contains special growth factors that stimulate the formation of healthy new cells that replace the old and damaged cells and promote healing. The healthy new cells improve the skin texture, and collagen production makes the skin more resilient.
- Non-allergenic: As PRP is derived from the patient’s blood, there is no risk of allergies. The PRP is extracted in a sterile setting and is not adulterated with any chemical, and is customized specially to suit the patient’s needs.
- Quick recovery: It is a minimally invasive procedure that offers a quick recovery. There are some side effects such as numbness, redness, and swelling in the treated area, which resolve within a couple of days. To promote optimal and quick healing, you must keep your skin protected and follow the after-treatment care provided by your healthcare provider at Vilate Med Spa.
The Vampire Facelift Procedure
At Vilate Med Spa, the vampire facelift treatment starts with a consultation with your healthcare provider, who will determine if you are an ideal candidate for the treatment. You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have realistic expectations for the treatment.
- You do not have any skin problems such as an infection, a cyst, or acne, in the treatment area.
- You do not have a bleeding problem or take blood thinners.
- You do not have any breathing problem such as asthma.
- You have not had any facial surgery recently.
- You are not a smoker or consume alcohol or drugs regularly.
Based on your past and present medical condition, allergies, and medications, your healthcare provider will determine if you are an ideal candidate and make a treatment plan.
The vampire facelift is a three-step process:
- Filler Injections: In the first step, a hyaluronic acid-based filler such as Juvéderm or Restylane is injected in the treatment area. Extreme care is taken while injecting the fillers to ensure that facial aesthetics is accounted for to avoid unnatural shape.
- Plate Rich Plasma: the second step in the vampire facelift is the PRP therapy. After the injectable filler is used to achieve a youthful appearance, blood is drawn from you by standard blood draw procedure. The blood is transferred into a vial and placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma. While platelets are rich in growth factors that increase blood flow and cytokines and stimulate tissue recovery, plasma carries nutrients and blood cells throughout your body. The growth factors in the platelets are known to help heal damaged tissue and increase collagen growth.
- PRP injections: Once PRP is isolated from the rest of the blood, it is drawn into a syringe. At Vilate Med Spa, your healthcare provider will strategically administer the PRP to key areas using a very small needle. The multi-potent stem cells in the skin are activated by the growth factor in the platelets, which enables them to generate newer and younger tissue.