Rejuvenate with RF Microneedling
There are many facial rejuvenating techniques in the cosmetic world that can give you youthful skin. You can find a treatment for wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, age spots, scars, and acne marks among others. Thanks to research and development, several new techniques have come into the market, and several old techniques have been improved to give better results. One such technique is RF Micro-needling and we offer this service to you.
What is the Difference Between
RF Micro-needling & Regular Micro-needling?
Micro-needling has become an increasingly popular treatment. Professional micro-needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy) is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that can dramatically improve the skin with little pain and no downtime.
Now, an innovative treatment combines micro-needling with the addition of radiofrequency (RF) energy. These new RF Microneedling devices are designed to dramatically enhance the benefits of traditional micro-needling.
Here are the main differences between regular micro-needling and RF Microneeding:
Micro-needling is a minimally invasive technique that uses needles to puncture hundreds of tiny holes in your skin. The tiny pricks induce collagen and elastin production as it pushes the skin into a healing mode. Micro-needling is the ideal way to treat various skin problems such as wrinkles, lines, and pores, among others.
RF Micro-needling is a new-age technology to rejuvenate the skin and visibly reduce acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, open pores, sagging skin, and dullness. It is a minimally invasive technique that effectively combines the traditional micro-needling procedure with radiofrequency energy to rejuvenate the appearance of your skin.
The technique uses an RF micro-needling device, which has needles that distribute high-intensity radiofrequency energy to the tissue once the needles break through the skin. The uniform warming effect provided to the deep tissue stimulates the new collagen fibers to grow, which leads to improved skin quality and texture.
What are the Benefits of RF Micro-Needling?
RF Micro-needling offers the following benefits:
- The procedure addresses many skin conditions such as wrinkles, fine lines, acne, pigmentation, and loose skin, among others.
- It stimulates collagen production, which puts the body into a healing mode. It helps to reduce scarring and give you flawless skin.
- It can be used to treat sensitive areas such as the upper eyelid, the upper lip, around the sides of the nose, among others.
- The treatment does not injure the skin or leave any scar and the punctures diminish within a few days.
- The technique is also used to deposit medication, such as Vitamin C, deeper into the skin.
- The RF energy delivered deep into the dermis further enhances skin tightening and scar reduction.
The RF Micro-Needling Procedure
At Vilate Med Spa, your treatment will start with a consultation with your healthcare provider, who will determine if you are an ideal candidate. You are a perfect candidate for the procedure if:
- You do not have any wound, cyst, infection, acne or such in the treatment area
- You do not have a skin disease
- You are not pregnant, breastfeeding, or want to be pregnant
- You do not take blood thinners or have a bleeding problem
- You do not smoke or consume alcohol or drugs
- You have not had any other skin rejuvenation treatments done recently
Your healthcare provider will review your medical condition before determining if you are an ideal candidate. A treatment plan is then made that will provide vital information on the dos and don’ts before and after the procedure.
During the procedure, the treatment area is cleaned with an antiseptic, and a topical numbing cream is applied to avoid any discomfort. When the skin is numbed, your skincare provider will slowly glide the RF micro-needling device over the treatment area, gently pressing the skin. The needle tip deposits the RF energy at the desired depth. The depth of the penetration of the microneedles is controlled with precision by your healthcare provider until the desired result is achieved.
The treatment takes approximately an hour, and two to four treatments are recommended for optimal results. You may experience some mild bruising, swelling, redness, and bleeding in the treatment area, which is very common and recedes within a few days. To know more about RF micro-needling, give us a call and book an appointment with our experienced healthcare providers at Vilate Med Spa.